Born in Moscow in 1980. From 1997 to 2003 studied in MGHPA named after S.G. Stroganoff at the Department of monumental painting, where had a direct opportunity to join the aesthetics of the late Soviet “Maniera Grande”, still existing as a historical paradox after the collapse of the Soviet system. This acquaintance with the Soviet monumental style, however, did not prevent the artist from the long time artistic activity in the streets, helping to develop his own language on the crossroads of high and marginal art. After graduation studied history of art, researching monumental painting in Italy - mainly late Renaissance, Mannerist and Baroque. Ph.D. thesis (2006) is devoted to the art of J. Tintoretto.
The first artworks were created at the turn of 2005-2006, after a long period of non-painting. Since 2006 participates in exhibitions. Works as a painter, graphic artist, author of installations, also writes critical articles, reads a course on contemporary Russian art in Moscow State Academy of Industrial and Applied Arts.
Lives and works in Moscow, Russia.
Жертвы / Victims, 2008
Прорыв / Breakthrough, 2008
KIZMYGODDAM RUSSIANAZZ, 2009
В чем-то завидую вашей вере / I envy your faith in some aspects, 2009
Г / G, 2009
Ф / F, 2009
Без названия / Untitled, 2010
Право на отдых / Right to Rest, 2010
Некто Жиляев снова с нами / Someone called Zhilyaev joined us again , 2011
Без названия / Untitled, 2012
Без названия / Untitled, 2012
Heavy Metal, 2013
Red Apprentice / Красный подмастерье, 2013
Баррикада / Barricade, 2014
Белочкин совет / Squirrel's advise, 2014
Красный гурман / Red Gourmet, 2014
Ловкие клешни / Dexterous pincers, 2014
Экспериментальное страусоводческое хозяйство имени И. Штрауса | Johann Strauss' experimental ostrich-breeding farm, 2014
Орёл / Eagle, 2015
Андрюха и Валек / Andryuha and Valoyk, 2016
Леди с планшетом / Lady with a tablet, 2016
Случай в музее / Case in a museum, 2016
Ездок / Scooter rider, 2017
Паровой параллакс / Steam parallax, 2017
Пенёчек / Stump, 2017
Снежок / Snejok, 2017
Явление козерога / The appearance of an ibex, 2017
Супрематическая кормушка для крупных домашних птиц | Suprematic feeder for large domestic birds, 2020
First-hand Art. The Collector's View: Looking back and Forward13 Nov 2020 - 27 Jan 2021This year, the OVCHARENKO Gallery celebrates its thirtieth anniversary. It is a grand and joyful celebration, not only because it, in fact, aligns with the anniversary of our new state,...
Egor KoshelevPalazzo Koshelev 14 Apr - 16 May 2017The main theme of the works presented in the Palazzo Koshelev exposition is the discussion of the artist with his alter ego – «a great master», who is trying to determine the era and to gain eternal glory. The exhibition space will be presented in the form of a palace, a treasury of art, a palazzo with golden walls, in the corridors of which the spectator can find all those stylistic paradoxes, riddles and adventures that the modern Russian painter is capable of creating.
TUTTI FRUTTI13 Sep - 27 Nov 2016Mikhail Ovcharenko is the new director of Regina. Now, it's his responsibility to take care of and grow the gallery's many fruits, as he encourages everyone to get out of...
Egor KoshelevPictures from the Underground 8 Jul - 29 Aug 2014“Fanciful - such is the situation in which the Russian artist finds himself today. Could he imagine choosing this path in life – when art seemed to be the only...
The Team I Can't Live WithoutGroup Show 8 Nov - 6 Dec 2013'The team from our youth, the team we can't live without!' Regina Gallery presents an exhibition featuring some of today's most progressive Russian artists, curated by Mikhail Ovcharenko. The show...
Egor KoshelevUNDERGROUND MONUMENTS/ASTRO-HIPSTER DOMINE 7 Sep - 6 Oct 2012Egor Koshelev originally studied in the Department of Monumental Painting at the Stroganov University of Arts and Industry in Moscow. Exposed daily to the aesthetics of the Soviet monumental style,...
NUTSGroup Show 9 Sep - 6 Oct 2011Regina Gallery is pleased to announce, Nuts , a group show of a new generation of predominantly Russian artists who will present their latest works. Whilst the participants have already...
Egor KoshelevLAST ARTIST AND EXHIBITION WHICH HAS NEVER HAPPENED 8 Apr - 14 May 2011‘How today are creative pursuits and an exhibition’s activity related? An artist works relentlessly, but the rhythm of exhibition life passes by – fatally keeping a sort of distance-lag –...
Egor KoshelevPhobia 23 Nov - 30 Dec 2009For myself this Phobia show sums up the quest I had during the last year. Unlike my previous personal display, its structure is much more complicated for, besides painting, it...
Egor KoshelevKINKY TAGS 14 Aug - 4 Sep 2008Yegor Koshelev is a 27-y.-o. artist who graduated from the Mural Painting Department of the Moscow State Art and Industry College named after S. G. Stroganov. His first solo show...
- Barricade. Belyaevo Gallery, Moscow, Russia.
- Pictures from the underground, Regina Gallery, Moscow, Russia
- The art of translation (curator Mariam Ghani), Parallel program's Manifesta 10, Center for art and music. Vladimir Mayakovsky’s library, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Garbage. Project «The Wall». Winzavod Centre for Contemporary Art, Moscow, Russia
- The renegades parade. BOBBY Gallery, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Underground Monuments/ Astrohipster Domine. REGINA Gallery, London, UK
- Altars of Love and Rebellion. STRABAG Foundation, Vienna, Austria
- Last Artist And Exhibition Which Has Never Happened. ArtBerloga, Moscow, Russia
- PHOBIA. ArtBerloga, Moscow, Russia
- Kinky Tags. Regina Gallery, Moscow, Russia
- Bird concert. Tsaritsyno museum-reserve, Moscow, Russia
- Cosmorama XVII. Museum of Moscow, Moscow, Russia
- Love. VLADEY Space. Moscow, Russia
- Borsh and Champagne. Selected works from the collection of Vladimir Ovcharenko. MMOMA, Moscow, Russia.
- Football - Hockey. Winzavod Centre for Contemporary Art, Moscow, Russia.
- Tutti Frutti. Regina Gallery, Moscow, Russia
- Laugh in the hall. Curator Valentin Dyakonov. Na Shabolovke Gallery, Moscow, Russia.
- Wings of Eurasia. Final program of the 6th Moscow Biennale of Contemporary Art. All-Russian Decorative Art Museum, Moscow, Russia.
- BALAGAN. Contemporary Art from The Former Soviet Union and Other Mythical Places. Curator D.Elliot. MOMENTUM, Berlin, Germany.
- Notation. Center for Creative industries Fabrika, Moscow, Russia.
- Fortune museum, MOMMA, Moscow, Russia.
- Cats in Manege. Curator. Moscow State Exhibition Hall «New Manege», Moscow, Russia.
- Art of Translation. Curator Mariam Ghani. Parallel program of Manifesta 10, Center for Art and Music Library of V. Mayakovsky, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- LegeArtis, Lech, Austria.
- The Team I Can't Live Without, Regina Gallery, Moscow, Russia
- Heavy metal, 5 Moscow Biennale of Contemporary art. Curator. VINZAVOD Centre for Contemporary Art. Moscow, Russia
- Nuts. Regina Gallery. London, UK
- Employment history. «Factory» art-center. Moscow, Russia
- Reactualisation of the Sign. «Na Vspolnom» gallery. Moscow, Russia
- NEFORMAT. «Na Vspolnom» gallery. Moscow, Russia
- CONTRA MATER. Curator. 4th Moscow Biennale of Contemporary Art. Special project. Stroganov Moscow State University of Arts and Industry, Moscow, Russia
- On the Contrary. Winzavod. Moscow, Russia
- PROTO. Moscow State art-center «Na Povarskoi. Moscow, Russia
- Rare Species. Special project within the II Moscow Biennale of Young Art. «Factory». Moscow, Russia
- Stroganovka, expanding the boundaries. Special project within the II Moscow Biennale of Young Art. Moscow State Academy of
- Industrial and Applied Arts. Moscow, Russia
- Nordart 2010. Budelsdorf, Carlshutte
- Art-Sanatorium. Moscow State Tretiakov Gallery. Moscow, Russia
- No Translations. Moscow State art-center «Na Povarskoi». Moscow, Russia
- CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE. Voronezh Center for Contemporary Art. Voronezh, Russia
- Save as. Exhibition Hall «Armenian, 13». Moscow, Russia
- Labor Movement. Special project within the III Moscow Biennale of Contemporary Art, «Factory». Moscow, Russia
- Care. Exhibition Hall «Armenian, 13». Moscow, Russia
- Care. Divnogorje State natural park. Voronezh Region, Russia
- MoskvApolis. Perm Museum of Contemporary Art. Perm, Russia
- Dialogues. VII Biennal of contemporary art, St. Petersberg,Russia
- Space. Moscow Museum of Modern Art, Moscow, Russia
- Power. Moscow Museum of Modern Art, Moscow, Russia
- MMOMA, Moscow, Russia
- Vladimir Smirnov and Konstantin Sorokin Foundation, Moscow, Russia
- STRABAG, Vienna, Austria
- Deutsche Bank, Frankfurt-on-the-Main, Germany